I am glad I can get out of the office and learn what companies are doing in Utah and Day 2 of the SSTS 2019 offered some more reminders of what is on the mind of tech leaders. In no particular order, here are several items I noted:
- Companies are looking for individuals with domain knowledge who can reach across disciplines.
- Culture eats strategy (i.e., it doesn’t matter how great your corporate strategy is if the culture of your company is terrible.)
- Good companies promote a learning culture.
- As a leader, get your hands dirty.
- Make hiring decisions based on core competencies even if the person looks different than you.
- How do customers increase revenue when they adopt your product or service?
- Start by measuring something.